Honda City 2012 is one of the best selling cars from Honda stable in C+ segment. The luxurious sedan car has ruled automobile market from almost a decade now and has gone through many facelifts since it was launched back in 1998.
One of the reasons of popularity of Honda city sedan is the promise of Honda to deliver maximum satisfaction to its customers. Be it the performance, affordability or its low CO2 emission, Honda city has always passed its quality tests from years and have been awarded car of the year in 2009.
Honda City Price in India
- Honda City Corporate – Rs.729,000
- Honda City 1.5 E MT – Rs.798,000
- Honda City 1.5 S MT – Rs.851,000
- Honda City 1.5 V MT – Rs.904,000
- Honda City 1.5 SAT – Rs.925,000
- Honda City 1.5 V AT – Rs.978,000
- Honda City 1.5 V L MT(AVN) – Rs.982,000
- Honda City 1.5 V MT Sunroof – Rs.988,000
- Honda City 1.5 V AT Sunroof – Rs.1,062,000
Honda City 2012 Review
The Honda City 2012 is given a totally enticing looks including its new fascia and enhanced features. The most noticeable feature in the new version is the addition of beautiful electric sunroof which can become a piece of worry for its competitors.
The outside rear view mirrors are coupled beautifully with turn indicators and on the front adding to its luxury is the Premium chrome radiator grille on the front, conceitedly holding its Honda Badge.
The new Honda city 2012 version adds to its top notch stance with its exceptional ground clearance of 165mm. The car looks standing out of the crowd with its 4440mm length, 1695mm width and 1485mm height and commendable wheelbase of 2550mm.
The dimensions are standard in comparison to other sedans but the kerb weight keep varying with different models. Luring most of the sedan lovers, the car is incorporated with 10 spoke alloy wheels which look superb during car ride.
On the front, the headlamps are equipped with reflector lenses against expensive projector type headlamps. You can consider its cost cutting strategy of Honda for their manufacturing cost.
The luxurious Honda City 2012 is integrated with classy interiors and encompasses seating arrangement for 5 people. The interiors are made of beige colored upholstery of superior quality that shouts its upscale feel. The Instrument cluster and Neo Centre Control Panel in Chrome finish look stylish and are located to be easily accessible by users.
The Car comes with spacious room for passengers with sufficient amount of headroom even for a 6 ft tall person. Adding to its elegance is its Chrome door handles and comfortable door armrest which makes you feel as if you are riding in an aircraft.
Some of the prominent interior features include Power windows, Power door mirror, Fuel consumption display with warning indicator, rear and front seat centre armrest, Day/night mirror, headlight adjuster for its height and keyless entry.
Honda City Engine
Honda City 2012 sedan car comes in 7 different variants but all of them are bestowed with 1.5L SOHC i-VTEC engine which is enough to describe its high end performance.
The 1497cc engine features 4 valves per cylinder and can churn out the peak power of 118PS at 6600 RPM and 146Nm peak torque at 4800 RPM. The engine is electronic fuel injection system which is coupled with 5 speed manual transmission but offers Automatic transmission in its high end models.
Honda City Mileage
New Honda City 2012 India comes with Electronic Fuel Injection technology which offers enhanced fuel economy and commendable on road performance. The car can acquire the mileage of 16.8 kmpl in its manual transmission variants and 15.6 kmpl in automatic transmission variants.
According to experts its can give only 14kmpl in the city roads and on highway it can reach 17kmpl. For reaching up to 100kmph mark, it takes just 10 seconds and can reach the top speed of 170kmph.
Honda City Specifications
- Engine Type : 1.5L (SOHC) 4 Cylinder, i-VTEC
- No. of Valves : 16
- Displacement : 1497cc
- Max. Power : 118 PS @ 6600 rpm
- Max. Torque : 146 Nm & 4800 rpm
- Transmission : Synchronized, 5 Speed Forward & 1 Reverse
- Seating Capacity : 5
- Fuel System : Electronic Fuel Injection
- Fuel Tank Capacity : 42 ltrs
- Mileage : 16.8 kmpl
- Steering System : Rack & Pinion
- Power Assist : Power Steering (EPS)
- Wheel Type : Steel/Alloy
- Wheel Size : 15×5.5J
- Tyre Size : 175/65 R15 (Tubeless)
- Front Suspension : McPherson Strut with Stabilizer, Coil Spring
- Rear Suspension : Torsion Beam Axle with Stabilizer, Coil Spring
- Front Brake : Disc
- Rear Brake : Drum
- Min. Turning Radius : 5.3 meter
- Ground Clearance : 165mm
- Wheelbase : 2550mm
- Overall Length : 4440mm
- Overall Width : 1695mm
- Overall Height : 1485mm
- Kerb Weight : 1100 kg
Honda City Features
Comfort & Convenience
- Cruise Control
- Passenger Vanity Mirror
- Foot Rest
- Headlight Height Adjuster
- Average Fuel Consumption
- Rear Seat Centre Armrest (Cupholder)
- Power Windows (Front & Rear)
- Front Centre Armrest
- Distance to Empty
- Day & Night View Mirror
- Fuel Consumption Display with Warning
- Headlight Alarm
- Key Alarm
- Power Door Lock
- Pull Pocket Driver Side
- Power Door Mirror
- Keyless Entry with Answer Back
- Front Seat Back Pocket
- Accessory Socket
- Front Console Pocket
- Coat Hanger
- Driver Side Window Aotu Up & Down
- Anti-lock Braking System
- High-Mounted Stop Lamp
- Electronic Brake Force Distribution
- ECU Immobilizer System
- Dual Front SRS Airbags
- Seatbelt Pretensioner with Double Load Limiter
- Driver Seat Belt Reminder
- Brake Assist
- G-Force Control Technology
- Rear Windshield De-Fogger
- Childproof Rear Door Locks
- CD player with CD MP3 Playback stereo
- Aux-in and iPod/iPhone Connectivity
- Front & Rear Speakers
- USB connection
- Steering Mount Audio Control
- Wireless Audio Remote Control
Honda City Colors
- Carnelian Red Pearl
- Urban Titanium Metallic
- Bold Beige Metallic
- Sparkling Brown Metallic
- Alabaster Silver Metallic
- Taffeta White