BMW HP2 bike defines “sports” in a different perspective. The 2009 BMW HP2 sport is a sheer powerful bike which in simple words is one of the best sports package offered by BMW.
You might doubt the potential of BMW HP2 Sports bike as the bike comes with air-cooled boxer engine, but undoubtedly, the bike has been launched as a strong competition against Super bikes across the world. Thanks to its handling and suspension which make it stand ahead in the race against all the contenders.
BMW engineers have crafted the bike making it one of the most beautiful and fun machines on road. The bike manages to pull 133 horsepower out of its HP2 boxer Twin Engine delivering one of the most powerful performances from BMW bikes catalogue.
The bike is powered by light weight four-valve pistons which can deliver such peak power. The Maximum speed of the bike can reach up to 200 kmph which is being electronically controlled. The engine can pull the torque of 115nm at 6000 RPM.
This double-over-head designed sports bike designed in steel chassis ensures fast and light handling. The stable engine of the bike ensures smooth ride on the plain roads as well as handle inhospitable rides on rough roads.
The chassis looks low in quality with Para lever shaft drive/single-sided Swing-Arm rear end and Tele lever wishbone-and-fork front which comparatively makes it heavier as compared to traditional prototypes.
Leaving all that behind, bike is equipped with some top notch fittings including Ohlin’s suspension –front and rear, forged Aluminum wheels, Carbon Fiber rear subframe, Brembo Monobloc front brakes and Magura Levers. The bodywork is mainly carbon fibre construction with monocoque seat and tail unit.
The BMW Sports bike comes with new Quickshifter Technology, which results in faster gear change without using the clutch or chopping the throttle. The Fully adjustable Ohlin front and rear suspension firmly plant the tires on the tarmac firmly while the quick acting Brembo brakes makes sure your ride is pleasing through the curves.
BMW HP2 Sport Price in India – Rs. 25,70,000/-
BMW HP2 Sport Specifications
- Maximum Speed (kmph): 200 ( Electronically Limited )
- Acceleration (0-100kmph) in seconds: 3.1
- Displacement (cc): 1170
- Power: 133 hp
- Torque: 115 Nm @ 6000 rpm
- Gears: 6
- Seat height(mm): 830
- Number of Cylinders: 2
- Valves Per Cylinder: 4
- Fuel Tank Capacity(Lt.): 16
- Fuel Tank Reserve(Lt.): 3
- Fuel Supply System: Electronic intake pipe injection
- Tyre Size Front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Tyre Size Rear: 190/55 ZR 17
- Battery: 12V / 12Ah
- Engine: Air/oil-cooled Boxer twin, 4-stroke, DOHC
- Ignition: BMS-K+ ECU with twin Spark
- Seating Capacity: 1
- Starting: Electric
- Front Brakes : 2X 320mm disc
- Rear Brakes : Single 265mm disc
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Fuel Capacity : 16 L
- Wet Weight : 178 kg
- Chassis : Steel Tube
- Front Suspension : BMW Telelever, 105mm wheel travels
- Rear Suspension : BMW Paralever, 120mm wheel travels
BMW HP2 Sport Features
- ABS Brakes
- Carbon Fibre Engine Spoiler
- MotoGP-style dashboard
- Gearbox is equipped with Quickshifter Technology
- Brembo brakes with radially mounted calipers
- Clutchless gear changes without easing off the throttle
- Fully adjustable footrests, brake and gear levers
- Forged aluminum wheels
- Digital Race Instruments
- White Turn Indicators
- Carbon Fibre Bodywork
- Specially developed Ohlins front and rear suspension units
BMW HP2 Sport Colors
- White Alpine