Maruti’s biggest selling hatchback 800 got its new lease last year and here it is with another big launch. The entry-level Alto 800 sibling launched last year is now back in the battlefield fighting with its top end VXi variant. So far, Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 LXi was the most expensive variant from the company but the car is all set with aesthetically pleasing and feature laden variant – Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 VXi. Price of Maruti Suzuki Alto VXi is approx. Rs.3.17Lacs.
Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 Price in India
(Ex-Showroom Price Delhi)
- Maruti ALTO 800 STD – Rs. 2,46,400
- Maruti ALTO 800 LX – Rs. 2,80,900
- Maruti ALTO 800 LXI – Rs. 3,03,400
- Maruti ALTO 800 VXI – Rs. 3,17,000
- Maruti ALTO 800 LXI (AIRBAG) – Rs. 3,19,400
- MARUTI ALTO 800 STD CNG – Rs. 3,21,400
- MARUTI ALTO 800 LX CNG – Rs. 3,41,400
- Maruti ALTO 800 LXI CNG – Rs. 3,60,400
The new variant packs more features and styling elements, from its top-of-the-line LXi variant. While the propositions of Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 are same as its LXi variant, Maruti has improved it technically, in several ways. While its monocoque has been beefed up and made stiffer, the new Maruti Alto 800 has been featured with all new body panels.
With the same wheelbase of 2, 360mm and seat anchorage points, Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 will have absolutely no difference in the cabin space. The overall length of hatchback now is less than full 100mm. When compared with Hyundai Santro Xing, Alto’s wheelbase is approx. 20mm shorter but 15mm longer than its closest rival Chevrolet Spark.
The new top-end Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 car will come with central locking, Front power windows, Power Steering, dual-tone upholstery, air conditioning with heater option, dual trip meters, remote fuel lid and hatch opener, body colored bumpers & door handles, USB compatible audio system with four speakers, digital clock, driver side airbag, tubeless tyres and left rear view mirror.
Cosmetic changes on the outside have been majorly included on its side mouldings of doors and on the rear spoiler. The company will be bringing the new Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 in six color options – Silky Silver, Granite Grey, Blazing Red, Superior white, Torque Blue and Frost Blue.
The Alto 800 is incorporated with a 796cc 3-cylinder petrol engine, pushing out around 48PS and 69Nm of torque, coupled with 5 speed manual gearbox. The company has also made available Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 CNG as an option, with improved suspension.
Maruti Alto 800 Specifications
- Engine : 3 Cylinder / 4 Cylinder (VXI)
- Displacement : 796cc
- Max. Power : 47bhp @ 6200rpm
- Max Torque : 69Nm @ 3000rpm
- Fuel : Petrol / CNG
- Transmission : 5 Speed, Manual
- Tyre Size : 145/80R12 (Tubeless)
- Front/Rear Brakes : Disc/Drum
- Front Suspension : Gas filled McPherson Strut, Torsion Roll control device
- Rear Suspension : Coil spring, Gas filled shock absorbers
- Fuel Tank Capacity : 35 ltrs
- Wheel base : 2360mm
- Ground Clearance : 160mm